Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Two posts in one day?? Is this possible??

Turns out I got real pensive during class.

A friend of mine just had his third child on Saturday. This would be his third child, from his third baby's mama. He's not together with this one either. In any case, she's a NUT. However, this is the only child he's been present for its birth. He's your typical masculine thug. Doesn't like to show emotion, and even though he feels safe showing it around me, he'll still spout off and get mad, generally hit something for even crying in front of me. Apparently it's a weakness thing. I get it, but I don't. I don't really understand some people's amassed anger inside. In any case, he told me started crying immeditaly on the baby's birth. It looks just like him, blah blah blah.

Now for the me part.

I can't even IMAGINE going through that with just "someone". When I have my own child, I want my husband to pretty much crawl in that bed beside me. I can only imagine, in the midst of something so beautiful as having a child, feeling complete and utter lonliness at the thought of having no one special to share it with.

On a happy note. My mom bought me a HUGE bag of starburst AND skittles for my birthday. :):) And anyone who even remotely knows me, or has spent more than an hour with me, knows I am completely addicted to sugar. It's true. I get withdrawals without it. In highschool, I was upt to about 3 packs a day, starburst that is. I also once kept a 3 pound bag in the top shelf of my locker for inbetween classes. Then, I decided to give them up for lent. Which is quite the conundrum if you follow, cause I'm not Catholic, and I don't need to give shit up for lent. However, it seemed like fun at the time. And it was so hard... but I'd almost completely weened myself off the starburst. Psshhh... right... but let me let you in on what my FAVORITE thing to do with starbursts is~ I like to take a yellow and a pink, I bite off half of the pink, and half of the yellow, and eat those... mmm... then I take the two remaining halves, squish them to together, and eat those!! YESSS. I actually now feel awkward eating one without the other.

Update:: My car has no E-brake. Awesome.

Also learned a new cooking lesson today. Made some noodle soup, cause Lord knows I don't like any vegetables in soup. Just simple, boil the water, add packet. Wait 5 minutes. Sweet, right? HA, from the woman who made instant pudding wrong TWICE and lit microwave popcorn on fire once, I also first off... left the water boil away while I was chatting online. Intelligence, so I then had to add water, before I proceeded. I made the packet, stirred it in, and waited. It finished perfect, had a bowl, but left some in the bowl. I think a great idea is to still leave it on a small simmer to keep it warm for myself. Apparently I'm not very well versed in what "simmer" heat exactly is. I get back to the soup, and ALL THE WATER IS EVAPORATED completely, and it's just a pile of noodles and thickened flavoring coating the tops of the noodles. Hahahaha, NO MORE SOUP FOR ME.

Michele
"I'd probably be famous now, if I wasn't such a good waitress."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home